A growing family of faith, nurtured and empowered by the transforming love of Christ to bring the whole Gospel to Berkeley and beyond.
The Berkeley Covenant Church community seeks to be:
- A people who love God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength, desiring to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, seeking to follow Him in worship, prayer, fellowship and mission.
- A community guided by both Word – the faithful study and application of Scripture – and Spirit – the movement of the Holy Spirit within our body.
- A church that actively welcomes members of the local community into our fellowship, enthusiastically proclaims the Gospel of Christ, fosters discipleship in our body through practical teaching and small-group Bible study, and equips members for works of service.
- A growing, multi-ethnic, intergenerational church family that represents a positive example of diversity in a world fragmented by racial and generational divisions.
- A holistic church that commits to both evangelism and social concern among the poor and disenfranchised in our own community and overseas.
- A church that eagerly engages our postmodern, secular university culture through intellectual dialogue and creative use of music, drama, and the arts.
- A forward-looking church that actively reaches out to young adults, youth, and children, a church that views outreach to these as critical to its mission and to the development of a future generation of Christian leaders.
- Berkeley Covenant Constitution
- Berkeley Covenant Bylaws