Nurturing lifelong Christian faith in children, youth and families
God initiates a relationship with me, and he invites me to respond in my daily life.
The youth staff and volunteers are dedicated to the lives of all youth at Berkeley Covenant Church, creating a safe place to belong, serve others, and experience a transformational relationship with God.
- Youth participate 100% in all church worship, which is a core value we hold as an intergenerational church family.
- Youth serve in various ministries:
- Greeting before worship service begins
- Worship team, PowerPoint, Scripture reading
- Teaching/assistant teaching the children (Sprouts, Godly Play and Elementary classes after all church worship)
- Receiving discipleship from adult mentors (monthly cafe outing after all church worship and communion, boys and girls separately)
- Youth Class, 12:30pm-1:45pm (in Youth Room with lunch provided)
- Spring Class: Reasons for Hope: The focus of this class is hope–hope based on the faith that God, the creator and redeemer of history, is good. But hope is not always easy to see and hold on to. What are the sources of hopelessness? Where do we find the courage to confront these? What are the reasons we have to hope for the future? What encouragement can we get from the past? How does Christian faith make a difference for the good? What is the foundation of deep Christian hope? Is the Christian hope a hope worth sharing?
- No Class Sundays March 31, April 7, April 14, April 21, May 12
More on Youth
Contact Rachelle Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org