Our youth ministry, as the vision of Berkeley Covenant Church expresses, desires that each of our youth and adult leaders be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, seeking to follow Him in all areas of life as faith is nurtured, and being a part of the life of the church in worship, prayer, fellowship and mission.
Our youth community, 6th-12th grade and leaders, engages in time together and activities that center on building relationship with one another, growing us in Christ-likeness and maturity in God’s truth and perfect love. “But the goal of this instruction is love that comes from a pure heart, a good conscience, and sincere faith.” 1 Timothy 1:5
Youth Community & Discipleship
Youth Group Fridays 7-9pm; High School youth stay until 9:30pm
- What Happens?
- Group games, sharing about our lives, discussion and questions about God, faith and life, engaging in Scripture, sharing stories of struggle and redemption/healing, praying for one another
- Core Values
- Love – Everyone is welcomed, respected and loved for who they are as a child of God, and encouraged to grow in Christ-likeness
- Follow the God who is Love – Loving and following God leads us to love one another, which leads us back to loving and following God. In this love, there is freedom to ask any question about faith
- Truth – This freedom in God’s love allows us to seek truth. Truth involves learning about who God is. We’ll do that by studying Scripture and studying God’s creation through science
- Service – Serving and protecting each other and serving those in need in our church and larger community. We are doers of justice and lovers of mercy in our world as we respond to the God who washed our feet
Sunday Youth Class 12:30pm-1:45pm
- Fall and Spring sessions cover various Christian education topics. Click link above for details.