Our youth ministry, as the vision of Berkeley Covenant Church expresses, desires that each of our youth and adult leaders be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, seeking to follow Him in all areas of life as faith is nurtured, and being a part of the life of the church in worship, prayer, fellowship and mission.
Our youth community, 6th-12th grade and leaders, engages in time together and activities that center on building relationship with one another, growing us in Christ-likeness and maturity in God’s truth and perfect love. “But the goal of this instruction is love that comes from a pure heart, a good conscience, and sincere faith.” 1 Timothy 1:5
Youth Community & Discipleship
Youth Group Fridays 7-9pm; High School youth stay until 9:30pm
- What Happens?
- Group games, sharing about our lives, discussion and questions about God, faith and life, engaging in Scripture, sharing stories of struggle and redemption/healing, praying for one another
- Core Values – “So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them.” 1 John 4:16
- Follow God who is love – believing in and being rooted in God’s love and truth, and growing in who God has called us to be.
- Love one another – welcoming each person, respecting them for who they are as a child of God, and encouraging and building one another up as we become more like Jesus.
- Grow in the Truth of God – learning about who God is, being free to ask any questions about faith, studying Scripture and learning about faithful Christians throughout history who have walked with God before us.
- Serve – serving and protecting each other, serving others in our church and larger community, being doers of justice and lovers of mercy in our world, and responding to the God who washed our feet.
Sunday Youth Class 12:30pm-1:45pm
- Fall and Spring sessions cover various Christian education topics. Click link above for details.